You’ve probably been imagining your perfect wedding for years and after months of meticulous planning, finally it arrives and your dreams become reality.
All the hours you’ve spent thinking about your dress, the flowers, table decorations, bridesmaid dresses and pageboys outfits have been worthwhile and after the reception is over and you return from the honeymoon, you’ve still got one of the most exciting things left to do – look at your photos of your big day!
We’d love to share your wedding day memories with our readers and would be thrilled if you got in touch to see if we’d be interested in featuring them on the ‘real weddings’ section of Style & the Bride.
As the name of our site suggests, we are looking to showcase beautiful weddings and stylish brides. There are many wedding blogs out there and what sets Style & the Bride apart from these, is the unique quality of the weddings we feature along with the finer details. We’re looking to provide inspiration to brides (and grooms) to be by featuring work from leading photographers, cinematographers, dress designers and other suppliers from the wonderful world of bridal.
We’re especially keen on reportage style images rather than posed shots which should preferably be in colour although we will also consider black and white.
We especially like photographs taken using natural light that capture the emotion of a particular moment on the day. We also love images showing all the little details, but above all else, we just want to share images on Style & the Bride that we know will be an inspiration to our readers when making decisions about their own wedding day.
Before sending anything across to us, have a read through our simple submission guidelines below, which set out exactly what we’re looking for and the ways in which you can supply what we need from you.
- We are happy to accept images from anyone connected with the event (photographer, planner, florist etc.) but ultimately we would need the permission of the bride and groom before publishing on the site, so it’s probably worth talking to the couple before you submit anything.
- Initially please only send a selection of between 5-10 images, which will enable us to decide fairly quickly whether your wedding or styled shoot is right for the site. As you can imagine we receive a lot of requests to feature weddings, which means our poor little inboxes do sometimes get a bit overwhelmed, so can you try and make sure the sample images you send across are fairly low resolution. You could even send the images via file sharing programmes like DropBox or alternatively just paste a link into your message so we can view online.
- If we love the look of your photos and we think our readers will to, we’ll send across a short questionnaire for you or the couple to fill in, giving us details of who to credit etc.
- We like to offer our readers content that hasn’t already appeared on other blogs or websites. This doesn’t mean photographers can’t feature the images on their own site but we would prefer that if we feature a wedding on Style & the Bride you wait at least 6 weeks before offering it to anyone else – thanks!
- We will always try and respond to submissions within 3 working days. Unfortunately we can’t feature every wedding that gets submitted, but either way we appreciate your efforts and please do stay in touch!
Please submit all details and images by clicking this link.
Share this :