Stylish Wedding Reception Ideas In The UK To Make Your Big Day Stand Out
10th April 2017
by Jo Bryant
Are you a bride to be who is looking for stylish wedding reception ideas in the UK to make your big day stand out? Well, if this is the case, then you must pay close attention to this blog post. Every couple strives to create the perfect day, some of the most memorable and fun weddings are those with lots of fun and unusual details, perfectly executed. From décor to lighting and food to fizz, there is a multitude of ways to add some quirk to your reception without breaking the budget.
Stylish wedding reception ideas in the UK to make your big day stand out
1. Treat your guests to fizz on tap with a mobile sparkling wine bar or Prosecco van. Ordered by the keg (approximately 160 glasses) and served by the glass, this is a fun and inventive way of creating a social hub. We love Bubble Bros’s Proseco Van, how cute is it?
2. Add some magic and sparkle with sculptured LED trees that can be used inside or out. These LED trees are by Twilight Trees.
3. Add some drama to your photo booth by providing fun props such as silly glasses, moustaches, wigs, feather boas and hats. Speech bubbles with humorous messages – for example ‘dancing queen, ‘wedding crasher’ or ‘team bride’ – make for memorable photos.
4. Create a romantic backdrop for photos with a large freestanding flower wall. You can also get your florist to cover your table plan with flowers. This pretty floral table plan is by Philippa Craddock.
5. Light up letters never fail to make an impact. They are also a great way to decorate tricky areas such as around the edge of the dance floor. Choose from popular words such as ‘Mr & Mrs’ or make it personal by opting for your initials.
6. Personalise guests’ name cards by writing a special memory on each of them – for example, ‘Do you remember when we were in Greece and…’ or ‘I will always remember how kind you were to us when…’ – creating instant conversation between guests at the table.
7. Create the perfect playlist by asking guests to nominate a song when they send back their RSVP. Not only will you be surprised and amused with their choices, but guests will feel special when their song is played on the day.
8. Guests will be hungry at the end of a long night of dancing and celebrating. A street food van or food truck offers essential late night sustenance; popular options include pizza, tacos, and fish and chips.
9. Balloons are a great way to fill large spaces, empty corners and create decorative height above the tables. Opt for contemporary, round oversized versions that come with a range of messages and in an array of colours. These white balloons by Bubblegum Balloons are very stylish.
10. Create a soft and colourful glow with LED-lit hanging paper lanterns. Perfect for filling an empty marquee ceiling or suspending from wooden beams, choose a colour that matches or complements your theme. I adore these lanterns from the Hanging Lantern Co.
11. For the ultimate visual and gourmet treat, go for a dessert table offering guests different sweet treats. Creating a sense of occasion and wonder, the table itself looks so beautiful it doubles up as stunning décor too. Rosalind Miller Cakes often creates dessert tables for weddings.
If you have been searching for cool wedding reception ideas in the UK, hopefully this blog post has provided you with plenty of ideas.
More Decor & Design articles ...