How To Achieve Natural Boho Wedding Make Up For Your Big Day
18th May 2017
by Emily Grimson
You may remember that Emily Grimson is one of Style & the Brides’ Real Brides. She is a twenty something freelance writer and blogger, who also happens to be getting married. Her last blog post was about The Prettiest Spring Wedding Make Up Styles Brides Will Love
In today’s blog post, she focuses on how to achieve natural boho wedding make up for your big day. I can’t tell you how many brides I have met over the years who have opted for natural boho wedding make up. It is a look that perfectly suits Emily, as you can see below.
How to achieve Boho Wedding Make up
The Boho wedding trend is going nowhere and we can see why! Effortless looking locks, softly smudged eye makeup and a simple base make this the perfect look for laid back summer brides. Pinks and peaches work best for this look and it’s a super-easy style to do yourself as it’s less about precision and more about soft blending. Check out how I achieved the look below.
1. To start the look, following your skincare application, apply an illuminating primer all over the face with a clean foundation brush
2. Next, use a beauty blender to gently buff a long-wearing, oil and SPF free foundation into the skin.
3. Once your base has been thoroughly blended, taking care to also blend into the neck and jawbone, use a concealer stick to cover any blemishes and a liquid concealer pen to cover any under eye darkness. Apply in a triangular shape under the eyes and onto the tops of the cheeks and then use the ring finger to gently pat this in.
4. Seal your base with a light dusting of translucent powder.
5. Use a brow gel with a mascara-style brush to sweep your brows upwards and outwards.
6. Apply a light, cream or white shimmering eyeshadow into the inner corners of the eyes. Then pat a shimmering, pale pink or peach over the entire eyelid. Use a fluffy blending brush to blend this all together, before using a tapered brush to work a plum or bronze shade into the crease of the eyes. Blend this outwards and don’t be afraid to go beyond the crease and towards the outer corners of the eyes.
7. Use a soft brown kohl eyeliner pencil to line the tops of the eyes and the outer corners of the lower lash line. Use a small smoky eye brush to blend and soften. Then apply the darker crease shade to underneath your lower lash line with the same brush, smudge this for a softer look.
8. Use tweezers to apply lengthening lashes to your eyes and then blend in your own lashes with mascara and add a light coat to your bottom lashes
9. Apply a soft pink or peach blush to the apples of the cheeks, sweeping upwards and outwards to slim the cheeks.
10. Apply a liquid highlighter to your cheek and brow bones and cupid’s bow with the tip of your finger for a dewy glow.
11. Sweep a coral coloured, creamy lipstick over your lips and add a clear or lightly tinted gloss over the top for an even dewier look.
This laid back look is perfect for beach and outdoor weddings, team it with a loose fishtail plait and top it off with a flower crown for serious boho vibes!
You can read more about Emily’s obsession with beauty, fitness and lifestyle over on her blog, Emily Alice.
More boho wedding make up inspiration
More STYLE & THE REAL BRIDES articles ...
You may remember that Emily Grimson is one of Style & the Brides’ Real Brides. She is a twenty something freelance writer and blogger, who also happens to be getting married. Her last blog post was about The Prettiest Spring Wedding Make Up Styles Brides Will Love In today’s blog post, she focuses on how to achieve natural boho wedding make up for your big day….
I can’t wait to share with you my blog post about the prettiest spring wedding make up styles. However before I do, I thought I would tell you a little bit about myself… I am first of all delighted to be contributing to Style & the Bride. As well as being a twenty something freelance writer, and blogger, I am also a bride to be living in…